Well it’s Friday night and I’m waiting for people to show up at a Meetup event I’m hosting. Half an hour past the start time there are exactly zero attendees here. Just me. This is the third Meetup and even though people have RSVP’d to events no one has shown up at any of my events. Meetup flakes 3, Erin 0.
*Waves from the table for one while sweeping the tears out of her eyes*
It’s been a really emotionally shitty week and this makes me feel so loser-y. I feel like crying because sometimes this trying to make new friends shit is hard. But! In an effort to try to reframe things in a more positive light. Let’s see how this goes…let me count the ways
- I’m enjoying a Thai boba tea on a beautiful night
- I am getting some time by myself
- I get to enjoy some artsy-farts stuff
- Dinner tonight is being made for me versus me making it for others
- I get to take a leisurely stroll outside
- I am attempting to relax and chill
- I am getting some good people watching in
And if these people don’t want to meet me then fuck them! They are missing out getting to know a funny, reliable, sometimes emotional friend. Their loss.